Welcome to the Sunday Seven – where I recap the past seven days and lay out my seven writing goals for the upcoming week.
This image to the left is how my brain feels right now. My god, the holidays! At least my cards are done and the shopping is complete! Well, except for one White Elephant gift. That shouldn’t be too hard, fingers crossed. I’ll wrap everything when I get to my parent’s house on Wednesday. I’m proud of myself, but I still feel like I could have done more. That always seems to be the case despite the quickly diminishing bank account. Now, to make it through the next two days without too much strife.
My counselor/therapist told me to work on being in the moment. To let go of expectations and worries of what could have been or will be. Easier said than done, right? I mean, as noted above, I’m concerned about gifts. Still, I’ll try. Being overwhelmed is never fun.
I forced myself to read a book today after not having time all week. I’m glad I did, since I’m stressing over cleaning for the new pet sitter we meet tomorrow. Funny how it makes me feel more productive immersing myself in a story than vacuuming the carpet or scrubbing the vanity. 1) I decided to set my newsletter for once every three months and additionally if I have any special news about releases or appearances. That will begin January 2016. 2) Ezra hasn’t been speaking to me lately. Probably because Tim Cratchett (my main Bah Humbug WIP character) has overtaken my thoughts. 3) I got a little work done on the Starstruck WIP 4) The second Dreamspun Desires idea didn’t get revisited, but like I said before, characters are bombarding me from the Bah Humbug WIP. 5) I’m working on the voice of Tim Cratchett and the opening scenes. Also, his love interest, Chris, is taking shape. Here’s a visual for Tim. But imagine him crankier! 😉
6) Victorian research has been relegated to visual inspiration on some Pinterest boards for now. 7) I read Magic & Mistletoe by Joanna Chambers. It was sweet and well-written.
And now for…
The Sunday Seven
1) I’m not sure this week will see much of anything but Christmas prep and then holiday relaxation. Still, I’ll get ready for the following week with thinking about what my first newsletter will include for January.
2) I’ll bring a notebook with me to California and see what strikes, whether it be Tim, Ezra, my Dreamspun Desires WIPs or something from the Starstruck WIP.
3) I need to begin planning my writing workload for next year. Hopefully, I’ll get a daily planner or Amazon gift cards to buy one 😉
4) I’ll be joining Clare London’s Birthday Blog during the month of January. My slot is January 18th. I’ll have to figure out something fun to do for that post.
5) Research – I’ll probably watch a Victorian movie or two.
6) Read – I’ll definitely have the Kindle with me for the holiday. I can’t wait to dive into something.
7) Enjoy the time with my family and friends. I know this is not a writing goal, but following my therapist’s advice, I’m going to stay present in the holiday festivities. I want to remind myself how much wonder, love. and light is in my life.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Feel free to leave me a suggestion, motivational comment, or inspirational image 😀