Welcome to the Sunday Seven – where I recap the past seven days and lay out my seven writing goals for the upcoming week.
The holidays are upon us and I’ve done nothing about it so far. Oh wait, I did buy Holiday cards. My goal is to get them out before the New Year. 😛 Wish me luck!
This last week has been a strange one. I’m in some sort of funk, or maybe it’s something else. Enough to worry me, I even made an appointment with a counselor and my doctor to make sure all is well. I don’t like how I’m feeling, but I’m not to proud to ask for help. Hopefully, the professionals can assist or guide me to a better place. I’ll keep you updated on that front.
My writing hasn’t suffered too much despite my mood. I seem to have bursts of energy and creativity that prevent my productivity from dropping off completely. 1) I updated my website with the basics. It still needs help, design-wise, but that may have to wait until next year. 2) I finished up NaNo with about 19K on my Dreamspun Desires WIP. I’m pleased for now. 3) I didn’t get to work on Ezra, but I’ll carry him over to this week. 4) I gathered ideas for my Starstruck WIP, yet nothing has stuck. 5) I am excited to say I have a nearly complete outline for my Bah Humbug WIP. That one came to me in a rush and I scrambled to lay it out. Maybe one more chapter and it’s ready to write! 6) I didn’t do any Victorian research, however, I did research for the Bah Humbug WIP, since my main character is a paraplegic. 7) I read three novellas! All holiday related – Humbug by Joanna Chambers, Cabin Nights by Ashley John, and The Winter Spirit by Indra Vaughn. Each of them were delightful.
The Sunday Seven
1) Work on a newsletter plan. I think I’ve sent out one newsletter. And I have subscribers!! I’m pathetic and need to show my readers some love.
2) More words on my Dreamspun Desires submission. I won’t make it to 50k by the end of this year, but I can make a dent in it and get a more solid ending.
3) Character work on Ezra from my first novel in the Victorian Gothic Paranormal series. I’ll concentrate on goal, motivation, and conflict.
4) Get an idea to stick for the Starstruck WIP (12k) due May 1, 2016.
5) Solidify outline for Bah Humbug WIP (18k) due July 1, 2016. Reading all these holiday stories has jumpstarted the idea mill and got me moving in the right direction. Woohoo!
6) Research – crack open the Victorian books or watch something from the period. Still open to suggestions…
7) Read – I have three more holiday reads ready to go!
Have a wonderful week!
Feel free to eave me a suggestion, motivational comment, or inspirational image 😀